Apply for Honors College Scholarships
If you have a high school cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.50, ACT composite score of at least 27 or SAT combined score of at least 1800, and an excellent high school class rank, we encourage you to apply for additional Honors College scholarships. For transfer or UA continuing students, a 3.60 or above cumulative grade-point average at the college level is needed, in addition to the above requirements.
- Complete the application for admission to The University of Akron and pay the $45 application fee.
Honors College scholarship consideration:
- You must be admitted to the University and the Honors College.
- Submit a list of awards and achievements, and an essay on the topic provided on your Honors College scholarship application.
- A letter of recommendation is not required, but is strongly recommended.
Admitted honors students will be invited to interview for scholarships.
Honors College scholarship dates and deadlines
- Nov. 1 - Scholarship consideration deadline (non-binding)
- Feb. 1 - Standard scholarship deadline
- Be admitted to UA by March 1 to be considered for additional university-wide scholarships
Yes, an essay is required for Honors College scholarship consideration. A list of topics can be found on the Honors College scholarship application.
Only the Honors College has a separate application for scholarships.
Yes, up to the end of the sophomore year (64 credits).
If you meet the academic requirements, you would graduate from The University of Akron with honors distinction.
First, complete the honors scholarship application. Students who qualify will receive a formal invitation.
Learn more about the Honors College.