Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Certificate

The Post-MSN certificate program is designed to prepare Adult/Gerontological Clinical Nurse Specialists who are seeking preparation in the role of nurse practitioner as providers of primary health care to adults and older adults. Upon completion of the 18 credit program, the student is eligible to sit for Nurse Practitioner certification examination.

Admission Requirements

  • Hold an MSN degree from a professionally accredited nursing program (clinical master's
  • Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for MSN program
  • Minimum of 2-3 years recent clinical experience in adult or gerontological health
  • 300 word essay describing professional goals
  • Hold a current State of Ohio license to practice nursing
  • Complete the following prerequisite courses: graduate level pathophysiology,advanced assessment, advanced clinical pharmacology
  • Completion of an interview with the Adult/Gerontological Health Nursing faculty 


Application Deadline

Applications to the Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner Certificate program are accepted on a rolling basis.

Assistantship/Scholarship Information

All assistantships (and any fellowships) are awarded through the academic department. Students interested in obtaining an assistantship must apply. New students may indicate on their online application for admission that they would like to be considered for an assistantship. Current students must contact the academic department for application information. Each department may have different requirements for assistantship applicants, so all students should contact the academic department to determine these particular requirements. Only those students fully admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree-seeking program are eligible for a graduate assistantship. Students admitted as non-degree seeking or to a certificate program may not hold an assistantship.

Financial Aid Information

Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.

Tuition and Fees

Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.

Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.