The Master of Social Work Program began in January 1995. The degree program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
The curriculum of the MSW Program is designed to prepare students for advanced level professional practice in Social Work. The program provides a rigorous intellectual base, an opportunity for effective skill development, and an educational perspective that views human diversity as desirable and enriching to society.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Essay of three to five pages explaining:
- Why applicant wants to be a social worker
- Why a graduate degree in social work is necessary to fulfill professional/personal objectives
- Views on diversity in society
- A situation in which applicant was the recipient/provider of help, emotionally, socially, or economically, and how this impacted desire to pursue an advanced degree in social work
- Application Checklist
- Preferred Program Format Form
- February 15 for Fall enrollment (only admit for fall term)
All assistantships (and any fellowships) are awarded through the academic department. Students interested in obtaining an assistantship must apply. New students may indicate on their online application for admission that they would like to be considered for an assistantship. Current students must contact the academic department for application information. Each department may have different requirements for assistantship applicants, so all students should contact the academic department to determine these particular requirements. Only those students fully admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree-seeking program are eligible for a graduate assistantship. Students admitted as non-degree seeking or to a certificate program may not hold an assistantship.
Financial Aid Information
Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.
Tuition and Fees
Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.
Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.